Our Guest Chef of the week is Sangeeta Srivastava who is a food lover and a fabulous writer. We loved the chocolaty twist she has given to Sooji ka Halwa which is a popular comfort dessert. This one cannot go wrong. We are sure you will relish this dish to the fullest.
- Rava (Sooji) – 1/2 cup
- Warm water – 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Drinking chocolate powder/coco powder – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Almonds (peeled and slivered) – 3/4 pieces
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
Servings: 2 – 3 persons
Preparation & Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add Sooji.
- Roast the Sooji until it turns golden brown.
- Add one cup of warm water along with sugar and mix.
- Bring it to a boil until the Sooji absorbs the water.
- Keep stirring the Halwa.
- Mix the drinking chocolate powder in 1 cup of warm water and pour it into the Halwa and stir well.
- Once the Halwa absorbs the water, give it a quick stir and switch off the stove.
- Serve it hot sprinkled with slivered almonds and drizzle honey on top. Enjoy the delicious twist to the Desi Sooji ka Halwa.