Our Guest Chef of the week is Alifiyah Shabbir who is a passionate food lover and an advocate. Her recipe has been selected because of the way she has played around with the ingredients to come up with a flavourful dish which is tempting and well presented.
- Chicken (any cut is okay; legs are preferred) 4 -6 legs or 550 grams
- Mustard Oil – 25 ml (1 and ½ tablespoons)
- Curd – ¼ cup (65 grams)
- Ginger-garlic paste – 15 grams (one tablespoon)
- Kashmiri Lal chilli powder – 7-8 grams (1-1 ½ teaspoons)
- Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – 10-15 grams (3/4 – 1 tablespoon heaped)
- Onion rings
Servings: 2 persons
Marination Time: 60-90 mins.
Cooking Time: 12-15 mins. or till chicken is done ( in case it takes longer)
- Wash the chicken well under running water and arrange it in a flat marinating bowl.
- Make tiny incisions on the chicken so that the marinade can permeate till inside
- Wash your hands. Add the ginger-garlic paste, mustard oil, curd, chilli powder, salt and sprinkle the kasuri methi on top.
- Mix well with your hands ensuring that you rub the marinade thoroughly over every part.
- Stow in the refrigerator.
- Remove the marinated meat about 15 minutes before you intend to begin cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Transfer the meat into a thick bottomed pan. Cover and cook on low flame.
- If you find the meat sticking to the bottom of the pan, add just enough water to prevent it from sticking.
- Cook for 12 -15 minutes or till the chicken is completely done.
- Plate the chicken, garnish with onion rings and Tadaa! Murg Kasuri is ready to be relished.