Vegetable Sandwich is undoubtedly the most common breakfast item across the globe. It is ideal for breakfast because it provides wholesome nourishment. The presence of variety of vegetables ensures our intake of all the essential vitamins and minerals, and ofcourse it is totally fat free. It is very easy to prepare vegetable sandwich and hence, it is a good snack option to have during evenings as well ( especially when one wants to serve quick and healthy snacks to the kids). I love beginning my day by having freshly made vegetable sandwich – it is light on the stomach and makes me feel rejuvenated and fit as a fiddle. Vegetable sandwich can be prepared in several ways as per one’s choice of vegetables and also the preferred style of bread (toasted or plain). This is one of the ways we love having it; you can certainly give the recipe your own twist based on your liking and availability of ingredients.
- Sandwich bread – 6 Slices
- Carrot ( finely chopped ) – 1 teaspoon
- Onion ( finely chopped ) – 1 teaspoon
- Cabbage ( finely chopped ) – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato ( finely chopped ) – 1 teaspoon
- Cucumber ( finely chopped ) – 1 teaspoon
- Capsicum ( finely chopped ) – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger ( finely chopped ) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves ( finely chopped ) – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – one pinch
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Cheese spread – 2 tablespoons (optional if you want to go completely fat free)
- Butter – 1 teaspoon (optional if you want to go completely fat free)
Servings: 2 persons
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins.
Take a big bowl and add all the ingredients, except butter and cheese spread, into it. Mix well.
Immediately spread the butter, cheese spread and the above mix on a bread slice evenly. Cover with another slice.
Cut the corners (or you can skip this if you want to have the corners) and slice the Sandwich diagonally.
Your Vegetable Sandwich is ready to be relished.
If you like the sandwich toasted, you can use a sandwich maker and slice the sandwich once done.