Hot and Sour Soup with a lot of vegetables is a wonderful soup blended with variety of flavours. It is a nourishing and wholesome soup that is also sure to tingle the taste buds of your family. I personally love spending evenings with my loved ones over a hot and piping soup accompanied by light snacks. Hot and Sour soup has quite a few variations of which this recipe is an easy to comprehend one without any compromise on the taste.
- Cornflour – 1 tablespoon (Heap)
- White Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Szechwan sauce – 1 tablespoon(heap)
- Ajinomoto – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cabbage ( finely chopped ) – 1 table spoon
- Onion ( finely chopped ) – 1 tablespoon
- Capsicum ( finely chopped ) – 1 tablespoon
- Carrot ( finely chopped ) – 1 tablespoon
- Spring onions ( finely chopped ) – 1 tablespoon
- French Beans ( finely chopped ) – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic (finely chopped ) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger (finely chopped ) -1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
Servings: 2 persons
Preparation Time: 20-25 mins.
Cooking Time: 5-7 mins.
Mix cornflour in 2 cups of water (mix well to ensure there are no lumps) and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan and cook onions, garlic and ginger on high heat for few seconds.
Add carrots ,beans ,capsicum and cabbage and sauté for a minute.
Add spring onions. Add cornflour-water mix into the pan and mix well.
Add soya sauce, vinegar, schezwan sauce, ajinomoto and and salt, and mix well. Let it boil for a minute and switch off the gas stove.
Hot and Sour Soup is now ready. Serve while hot after sprinkling black pepper powder.
Tip: Don’t over cook the vegetables because they should be crunchy.