Our Guest Chef this week is Aarti Sriramka who is an IT professional with an ardent love for cooking. She has shared her prize-winning Indian cooking recipe of Bread Dahi Vada with us this week. It is an ideal “quick recipe” which we all are always looking for in situations when we are hungry but do not have enough time or energy to prepare something or when we have unexpected guests at home. This tasty snack with a handful of ingredients that are easily available will surprise your guests and is sure to get you a lot of compliments.
- Bread (white or brown) – 4 slices
- Sweetened Yoghurt – 1 cup
- Chilli powder or black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Roasted Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon
- Black salt – 1 teaspoon
- Sweet tamarind chutney – 2-3 teaspoon
- Green coriander chutney – 2-3 teaspoon
- Mixture of crushed roasted groundnut and cashew nut.
- Pomegranate and Sev(Nylon or Bikaneri) for garnishing
- Salt to taste
Servings: 2-3 persons
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Whisk the yoghurt and add sugar, salt, black salt, chaat masala, black pepper powder to it. Mix and keep aside.
Prepare the bread vadas using a steel bowl to cut into a round shape. Use a smaller bottle cover for cutting the center. Cut all the 4 bread slices and keep aside.
Spread the green chutney and put the crushed nuts mixture on the cut bread vadas. Cover with the remaining roundels.
To assemble the snack, first pour half of the yoghurt mixture in the serving bowl. Arrange the bread on the yoghurt.
Add rest of the yoghurt. Top with sweet chutney, chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and chaat masala.
Garnish with coriander leaves, sev and pomegranate. Refrigerate for 5-10 mins and serve chilled Bread Dahi Vada.