This recipe of Dahi Cutlets is our winning recipe of the 5th Anniversary Celebration Contest. This was submitted by Nidhi Soin who resides in Melbourne, Australia. Nidhi is a Business Consultant by profession who has always loved cooking. Having stayed outside India for many years, she experiments quite a bit with the ingredients at her disposal every now and then. Her cooking mantra is “the faster, the better” without compromising on the taste.
- Hung curd(Or Greek yogurt) – 1 cup
- ½ Onions (small) – Finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies – Finely chopped
- Dhaniya (Coriander) -1 tablespoon – Finely chopped
- Mozzarella cheese – Grated- 2-3 tablespoons (You can substitute this with grated paneer, but in that case increase the breadcrumbs by 1 tablespoon)
- Bread crumbs- 4-5 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Powder to taste
- Garam Masala– 1 teaspoon (Use less if you want it less spicy)
- Cooking Oil – as needed
Servings: 2-4 persons
Preparation Time: 20 mins.
Cooking Time: 8 to 12 mins.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and divide them into 6-8 equal sized portions.
Gently flatten them into shape of cutlets using your palms and set aside.
Heat oil in a shallow pan.
Shallow fry the cutlets and keep turning them gently every 2-3 minutes or so. Be careful while turning as these will be very soft at this point.
Once cutlets are well-cooked and brown on both sides, turn off the heat.
Dahi cutlets are ready to be served. Serve them hot with ketchup or green chutney or both.